Changing the shape of the nose through surgery is known as rhinoplasty (RIE-no-plas-tee). Rhinoplasty may be performed to alter the nose’s appearance, enhance airway and breathing, or both.
Bone makes up the nose’s top portion of the structure, and cartilage is the lowest portion. During rhinoplasty in Orange County, the surgeon may change bone, cartilage, skin, or all three. Discuss the benefits of rhinoplasty and whether it suits you with your Orange County cosmetic surgeon.
When arranging the operation, your other facial characteristics, the skin on your nose, and what you want to change are considered. A customized strategy will be created for you by the surgeon if you are a candidate for rhinoplasty in Orange County.
Insurance may cover all or a portion of a rhinoplasty.
Rhinoplasty: Why is it done?
Newport Beach Rhinoplasty can alter the size, shape, or proportions of the nose. Cosmetic Surgeons Orange County perform this procedure to address problems resulting from an accident, correct a congenital disability, or alleviate breathing difficulties.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures worldwide and offers numerous benefits to individuals seeking to enhance their nasal appearance or address functional issues.
Here are some key benefits of rhinoplasty in Newport Beach CA:
- Improved facial harmony: The nose plays a significant role in the overall balance and harmony of the face. Rhinoplasty can reshape the nose to complement other facial features better, creating a more harmonious and balanced appearance. It can address concerns such as a crooked nose, a disproportionate or overly large nose, or a bulbous or drooping nasal tip.
- Enhanced self-confidence: Many people feel self-conscious about the appearance of their noses, which can affect their self-esteem and confidence. Rhinoplasty can help individuals achieve the nose they desire, leading to increased self-confidence and improved body image. Feeling more comfortable and satisfied with their nasal appearance can positively impact various aspects of life, including personal relationships and professional endeavors.
- Correction of nasal deformities: Rhinoplasty can correct various nasal deformities, both congenital and acquired. It can address issues such as a deviated septum (septoplasty), nasal asymmetry, a hump or ridge on the nasal bridge, a wide or narrow nasal passage, or a previous unsuccessful rhinoplasty. By correcting these deformities, rhinoplasty can restore proper nasal function and improve breathing difficulties.
- Better breathing and airflow: Besides the aesthetic benefits, rhinoplasty can significantly improve nasal airflow and breathing. Procedures that target functional concerns, such as a deviated septum or nasal valve collapse, can alleviate breathing difficulties and enhance overall respiratory function. It can particularly benefit individuals who experience chronic nasal congestion, snoring, or sleep apnea.
- Resolving trauma-related issues: Rhinoplasty is often performed to correct nasal deformities resulting from trauma or injury, such as a broken nose. This procedure can restore the nose to its pre-injury state or improve its appearance if permanently altered. It can help individuals regain their pre-injury nasal function and appearance, allowing them to move forward with improved physical and emotional well-being.
It’s important to note that rhinoplasty in Orange County CA, is a highly individualized procedure, and the benefits can vary depending on each person’s unique circumstances and goals. If you’re searching for the best rhinoplasty in Orange County, it’s crucial to consult with a qualified and experienced plastic surgeon who can assess your specific needs and guide you through the process.
How do you prepare for your rhinoplasty procedure?
Consult a rhinoplasty surgeon in Orange County before setting up a nose job surgery. You discuss factors that affect how effectively the operation will work for you. In this meeting, typically:
- Your medical background. The most crucial inquiry concerns your motivations for surgery and objectives. You also respond to questions regarding your medical background. It includes any operations, nasal blockage, or medications you currently use. You might not be suitable for rhinoplasty if you have a blood problem like hemophilia.
- A physical exam. Your doctor does a physical examination. Your nose’s interior and outside and facial features are examined. The physical examination assists in identifying the necessary adjustments. It also demonstrates how specific physical characteristics, like skin thickness or the durability of the cartilage at the tip of your nose, may influence your results. The physical examination is crucial for evaluating how breathing may change after rhinoplasty.
- Photographs. Different perspectives are used when taking photos of your nose. To demonstrate the range of outcomes available, Newport Beach cosmetic surgeons may alter the photographs using computer software. These photos are used for both before and after perspectives and for reference during surgery. Most importantly, the pictures give you a detailed conversation about the operation’s objectives.
- A discussion regarding your goals. Please talk about your surgical goals and the rationale behind them. A cosmetic surgeon in Orange County CA can review what rhinoplasty can and cannot accomplish for you and the possible results for you. It’s common to have self-consciousness when discussing your appearance. However, you must be honest with the surgeon regarding your preferences and surgical objectives.
- Before having rhinoplasty, it is crucial to consider the proportions of your face and profile. You and the surgeon may talk about chin augmentation surgery if you’ve got a small chin. A small chin may give the impression of a bigger nose. Although chin surgery is unnecessary, your facial profile might benefit from it.
If you’re undergoing an outpatient procedure, once the surgery is done, arrange for someone to accompany you home following the operation.
Following anesthesia, you can forget things, react slowly, and use poor judgment for the first few days. To aid you with personal care while recovering from surgery, ask a friend or family member to stay with you for a night or two.
Food and Medications to Avoid Before Rhinoplasty Surgery
Avoid ibuprofen- or aspirin-containing medications (Motrin IB, Advil, etc.) before two weeks and after surgery. These drugs could increase your bleeding, and take only the medications your surgeon has recommended or approved. Avoid using over-the-counter vitamins and herbal medicines.
Stop smoking or vaping now. Vaping and smoking can delay the recovery process after surgery and cause tissue death. The disease could also infect you.
What Are The Long-Term Effects Of Rhinoplasty?
There is always a potential for something unexpected to occur, even though we never plan for things to go wrong during or after surgery. A Newport Beach nose job carries several risks, just like any surgical procedure. Risks can include:
- Complications with anesthesia
- Pain or numbness at the surgical site
- Skin coloration, bruising, and swelling
- Unfavorable breathing changes
- Possible infections
- Ineffective healing or noticeable scarring
- Hole in the nasal septum
- Require revisional surgery
- Unfulfilled vanity goals
A rhinoplasty in Orange County California should result in several benefits, including improved breathing and nasal clearing, the restoration of nasal cavity functionality (while dealing with any aesthetic issues that may arise), relief from sinus problems, and better sleep at night without loud snoring.
Getting a nose job in Orange County is not shameful, mainly if it is done for medical reasons to enhance your general health. The lives of patients may significantly change after this treatment. Since rhinoplasty isn’t something to be taken lightly, it is best to have several consultations and look around for several doctors before deciding.
How common are the long-term effects of rhinoplasty?
While most patients experience successful outcomes with no long-term complications, there is a possibility of experiencing specific long-term effects following rhinoplasty. It’s important to note that the prevalence and severity of these effects can vary from person to person. Here are some potential long-term effects:
- Swelling: Swelling is a normal part of the recovery process and usually resolves within a few weeks or months. However, in some cases, mild swelling can persist for an extended period, especially in the nasal tip area. That can affect the final appearance of the nose.
- Scarring: Rhinoplasty typically involves external or internal incisions to reshape the nose. While surgeons aim to minimize scarring, some degree of scarring is inevitable. Most incisions are strategically placed to minimize visibility, but in rare cases, hypertrophic or keloid scars may develop, which can be more noticeable.
- Nasal obstruction: In some instances, rhinoplasty may cause or worsen nasal obstruction, affecting breathing through the nose. That can occur if the nasal passages are narrow due to swelling, scarring, or structural changes during surgery. Nasal obstruction may require additional treatment or corrective surgery.
- Changes in nasal function: Rhinoplasty can affect nasal function, such as airflow and sense of smell. While these changes are often temporary and improve during healing, they can persist in rare cases. Proper surgical technique and communication with your surgeon can help minimize the risk of functional changes.
Discussing these potential long-term effects with a qualified plastic surgeon before undergoing rhinoplasty is essential.
Preventive Measures to be Taken
You can take some actions to lessen the side effects and speed up your rhinoplasty recovery process afterward:
- It is crucial to carefully follow your surgeon’s post-operative instructions, including any guidelines for taking medicine, caring for your incisions, and avoiding particular activities.
- After a rhinoplasty, your body will repair and recover faster if you get lots of rest.
- Avoiding intense activities like exercise or heavy lifting can aid in lowering the risk of problems and accelerating recovery.
- Keeping your head raised can help lessen swelling and bruising when you’re sleeping or relaxing.
- Placing cold packs on your nose can lessen discomfort and swelling.
- For at least a week following surgery, refrain from blowing your nose or performing actions that pressure your nose, especially sneezing or coughing.
- For at least a month following the procedure, shield your nose against the sun by donning a hat or sunscreen.
- You can lower the risk of problems and accelerate healing by abstaining from alcohol and smoking.
What should I look for in a surgeon?
Facial plastic surgeons, plastic surgeons, or otolaryngologists, generally known as ENTs, perform most rhinoplasties. It would be best to look for a surgeon with experience in performing rhinoplasty.
Find a surgeon who is well-regarded by both patients and other medical professionals. Experts frequently present at educational seminars and write publications regarding rhinoplasty for medical journals.
Ensure that the surgical institution or hospital where your procedure will occur is accredited. You ought to feel at ease around your surgeon as well. Find a surgeon who can explain what will happen during your procedure.
When to see a Doctor?
Experiencing adverse effects from rhinoplasty surgery? It is crucial to schedule your post-rhinoplasty appointment with your surgeon as instructed. If you encounter any of these rhinoplasty side effects following surgery, you should also get in touch with your surgeon or seek medical attention:
- Severe pain which is not relieved with painkillers
- Persistent fever
- Prolonged nasal discharge or heavy bleeding
- dripping from the incision areas
- Swelling and redness
- Having trouble and difficulty with swallowing or breathing
- chest discomfort or feeling short of breath
- Vomiting or nausea
Schedule Your Rhinoplasty Today!
Having problems with your nose? Transform your appearance and enhance your quality of life with nose surgery or rhinoplasty procedures in Orange County. The staff and surgeons at Dr. George Brennan – Cosmetic Surgeon Newport Beach are here to support and guide you through the process, ensuring your comfort and satisfaction at every step.
We also offer other cosmetic surgery in Orange County, like facelifts, breast augmentation, and more. If you have any questions or want more information, call us at (949) 644-1641 to schedule an appointment or consultation.