Planning Your Surgery
Newport Beach Center for Surgery offers the following guidelines for a pleasant and safe stay. The following information is recommended for the safety and protection of our patients.
- Please make transportation arrangements to and from the Center.
- Arrange for a responsible adult to be with you for the first 24 hours after your surgery.
- After midnight, the day before the procedure, do not have anything to drink or eat (even water) unless instructed by your physician or anesthesiologist. Failure to follow these instructions may result in postponement or cancellation of your surgery.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in postponement or cancellation of your surgery.
Arrangements For Your Arrival
- You will receive a call to verify arrival time and answer any questions.
- Please arrive at the Center one hour prior to your schedule surgery.
- Bathe at home but do not apply cosmetics, lotion, cream or powder to your skin. Do not shave one day prior.
- Remove contact lenses, cosmetics and jewelry.
- Dentures should be worn but may be removed in the operating room.
- Your clothes should be loose fitting and button in the front rather then pulled over the head.
The Day of Surgery
A member of our staff will greet you and guide you through your admitting forms. Please bring your I.D. and medical insurance card. Don’t forget your glasses. Bring a list ofcurrent medications. A staff member will admit you and assist you to the pre-op room. A nurse will direct you to your private dressing room, where you will gown. The nurse will direct you to your bed where your blood pressure and temperature will be taken. Then you will rest awaiting surgery. Any unanswered question you might have will be addressed. After surgery, you will be moved to a recovery area. Recovery time varies with each patient and the type of procedure performed. Home care instructions will be given to you and your caretaker both verbally and inwriting.